30th Grand International Wine Award
With 3,022 awards for wines from 42 wine-growing nations, the Grand International Wine Award MUNDUS VINI celebrates a record result at its 30th edition.
In total, the international jury of experts awarded 43 Grand Gold, 1,685 Gold and 1,294 Silver medals to the best wines of the MUNDUS VINI Spring Tasting.
Italy leads the top 5 winemaking nations, winning a total of 5 Grand Gold, 364 Gold and 364 Silver medals. They are followed by Spain (7 Grand Gold, 362 Gold, 298 Silver) and Portugal (5 Grand Gold, 186 Gold, 123 Silver). The Top 5 is completed by France (10 Grand Gold, 173 Gold, 109 Silver) and Germany (1 Grand Gold, 116 Gold, 91 Silver).
"The quality level of the wines tasted this year shows how important and highly regarded the MUNDUS VINI medals are for the producers. An award from the jury is a sign of excellence and quality that helps customers to find their way in the world of wine".
"With more than 140 Champagne samples, the tasting was extremely challenging and at an absolutely an absolutely highly professional level. The sheer number of Champagne samples submitted speaks for the importance of MUNDUS VINI, Meininger Verlag and the work of Sascha Speicher."
The best companies
- Best producer Germany: Felsengartenkellerei Besigheim (8 gold, 6 silver).
- Best producer France: Vignobles Bonfils (12 gold, 1 silver)
- Best producer Italy: Mezzacorona (15 gold, 15 silver)
- Best Producer Spain: Felíx Solís Avantis (25 gold, 5 silver)
- Best Producer Austria: Pfaffl Winery (29 gold, 12 silver)
- Best Sparkling Wine Producer: Henkell-Freixenet (2 Grand Gold, 6 Gold, 2 Silver)
- Best Importer: GES Sorrentino (19 Gold, 21 Silver)
"This year we also got to taste non-alcoholic wines - a great experience and I'm sure we'll see a lot more of them in the coming years."
Tasting results for alcohol-free
- Best of Show Sparkling Rosé
Vitisecco rosé, Bähr Pfalztraube GmbH, Germany
- Best of Show Sparkling White
Blancs de Blanc non-alcoholic, Julius Zotz KG, Germany
- Best of Show Sparkling in retail markets
Engel Riesling non-alcoholic, Peter Riegel Weinimport GmbH, Germany
- Best of Show Riesling
Freispiel Ziemlich Geil non-alcoholic, Weingärtner Stromberg-Zabergäu eG, Germany
- Best of Show Weißburgunder
Breakaway Pinot Blanc dealcoholised, Winery Bergdolt-Reif & Nett, Germany
- Best of Show Sauvignon Blanc
Ara Zero Sauvignon Blanc, Giesen Group, New Zealand
- Best of Show Merlot
Vinnuendo 0% Merlot, Mureda Alimentacion, Spain
- Best of Show Red in retail markets
Vinsenza Rosso non-alcoholic, Peter Riegel Weinimport, Spain
To see all results, click HERE.